NOTE: This event has been canceled due to COVID-19.
Mark your calendars!
It’s time again for our biannual fundraiser Bunnies Day Out! We’re returning to CAP again inside the Education Room. That means rain or shine, Bunnies’ Day Out will be a fun afternoon for everybun!
WHO: Bunny lovers and any healthy, spayed/neutered buns!
WHAT: This is a fun afternoon for our members to catch up with each other, shop in the Hop Shop, and for their bunnies to play and mingle in the big bunny play pen.
WHEN: Saturday, April 25, from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
WHERE: Citizens for Animal Protection Shelter, 17555 Katy Freeway Houston, Texas 77094
The entrance to the CAP Education Room is in the middle of the hallway inside the main lobby.
Here are some pointers to make it a fun afternoon for everyone and everybun:
- Your rabbit MUST be healthy and free of parasites. If a rabbit looks sick or is showing signs of illness or parasites, it will not be allowed inside the community play pen.
- Your rabbit MUST be spayed/neutered. NO exceptions. This means no baby bunnies or unaltered juvenile rabbits should attend this event.
- The only rabbit you can pick up is your own rabbit unless the owner is there and gives you permission to pick up his/her rabbit.
- No running in the play pen please. (This applies to both adults and kids. Bunnies are exempt from this restriction.)
- Pet carriers should be placed outside the play pen in a designated spot.
- No chairs inside the fenced area please.
- If at any point the pen is getting too crowded with humans, the bunny wranglers (those in charge of breaking up bunny scuffles) may ask people who have been in the pen for a while to make room for others.
Our main priority is to keep the bunnies safe and to make sure it’s a fun afternoon for everyone. By sticking to the pointers above, you can help us accomplish that!
While our foster bunnies are welcome to attend, we will not be assisting with any bunny bonding or processing adoptions at this event. Any potential adopters are still encouraged to come and meet with the foster bunnies as well as speak with our experienced volunteers about rabbit care.