Saturday November 17, we will have our Semi Annual Fundraiser Fall Bunnies’ Day Out!
Location for this event is Bering UMC (in the court yard), 1440 Harold Street, Houston TX 77006 from 1-4PM.
Anyone who would like to volunteer (we can’t have a BDO without many people’s help), please sign up here:
This is a fun afternoon where our members can catch up with each other and shop in the HopShop, and their bunnies (must be healthy and spayed or neutered) can mingle in the big play pen. If you’re interested in adopting a bunny or finding a friend for your bunny, make sure to submit your adoption application prior to the event. (new adopters only, if you adopted from us before we have your information)
This afternoon is also a great opportunity to renew your Bunny Buddies membership. A single membership is $20/year and a family membership $30/year.
For those who have never attended, here are some pointers to make it a fun afternoon for everyone and everybun:
– Your rabbit must be healthy and free of parasites. If a rabbit looks sick or is showing signs of illness or parasites, you have to leave the community play pen.
– Your rabbit MUST be spayed/neutered at least 6 weeks prior to the event. NO exceptions, this means no baby bunnies or unaltered juvenile rabbits are allowed to attend this event.
– The only rabbit you can pick up is your own rabbit, unless the owner is there and gave you permission to pick his/her rabbit up.
– No running in the play pen please. (applies to adults and kids, bunnies are exempt from this restriction ; ))
– Carriers should be placed on the other side of the fence outside the play pen.
– No chairs inside the fenced area please.
– If at any point the pen is getting too crowded with humans, the bunny wranglers (those in charge of breaking up bunny scuffles) might ask people who have been in the pen for a while to make room for others.
Our main priority is to keep your bunny safe, and make sure it’s a fun afternoon for everyone. By sticking to the pointers above, you can help us accomplish that : )
ps The big Bering parking lot is on Hawthorne Street. From here you can enter, walk through the church and make your way to the courtyard.